ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS SUNDIPPED GLOWKIT REVIEW











Hello everyone!
I know it’s been literally ages since the last time I posted anything on my blog. I felt tremendously bad and irresponsible, but here I am at last. I have been busy this past year because I started working a 9-to-5 job (more like 7-to-indefinitely, but oh well) so time management is really lacking and even now I’m still trying to figure out how to set aside time for myself during the weekdays. But! I know that setting aside time is supposed to be a conscious effort, so here I am writing down a new post for you (yay!).

For today’s post I figured I could use a bit of refreshment for my blog, so I decided to switch it up a little. I normally talk about clothes but now I figured I'd do a review of the first high end makeup product that I’ve ever bought myself. It’s the ABH Glowkit in Sundipped! I wanted to get a “just because” gift for myself and I knew it has to be a highlighter because I’ve been obsessed with it for weeks now. I’ve been using a shimmery eyeshadow all this time—which is fine, by the way, especially if you’re on a budget (I used 'Taupe' shade from the Sleek i-Divine palette in Au Naturel)—and I wanted to get a legit highlighter for the longest time.

Since ABH products are pretty expensive for me, I decided to look for preloved items which would be so much cheaper than the new ones. I have an app on my phone called Prelo, in which you can sell and buy used stuff, including makeup (I will put up a review on that app too, if you'd like to see one, let me know in the comments!). I got this palette which is still in a very good condition for half the price!



I picked the Glowkit in Sundipped because after looking at hundreds of swatches online, I think this one is the best suit for my skin tone. I love mixing the shade Summer and Moonstone for my cheekbones, and the shade Bronzed for wherever I put my bronzer/contour. I specifically love the shade Tourmaline to highlight my cupid’s bow because the slighy pinky shade blends really well into my lip colors.

These highlighters are really soft and buttery, so there will be some kick up if you swirl your brush too hard on them. There are some noticeable glitters on these powders, so be careful not to put on too much—but they are not super shimmery and pigmented to begin with, so you do need to pack it on a bit if you want some really poppin’ highlights. Tapping off the excess product from your brush is a must for this product.

The staying power of these highlighters is pretty impressive, they are still noticeable after around the 4-5 hour wear if you don’t sweat or touch your face too much. I still can’t justify the Rp 800.000,- price tag (for a new, unused one) but since I got it for half that price I think it’s pretty worth it. I also find these particular shades to be versatile enough to be used as eyeshadows or shimmery bronzer, so you’d get more bang for your buck.

To sum it all up,
Pros:
  • Interesting shades
  • Good staying power
  • Not too pigmented but buildable (good for beginner or if you want more subtle highlight) 
Cons:
  • Noticeably glittery
  • Has some kick up
  • Expensive

So that’s my review for the ABH Glowkit! I really hope it’s informative and helpful in some way. What’s your favorite highlighter, or…are you over the highlighter trend already? I’m obviously not, LOL. If you have any questions or product recommendations, feel free to give a comment down below. See you next time, lovelies!



XOXO, The Fashion Swing.

CONVERSATION