EMPTIES! : PRODUCTS I'VE USED UP - JANUARY 2017


Hi guys! For this week’s post I wanted to do something new that I’ve never done before. Today I’m going to show you some products that I’ve used up from the past few months. I plan on doing this kind of post monthly, although I’m not sure if I can finish at least one product every month…but we’ll see! So let’s get down to the empties, shall we?

L’OREAL TRUE MATCH BB CREAM

I haven’t tried loads of BB creams but this one is the one that I like the most so far. I love how it brightens my skin and evens out my skin tone. The finish is not matte but not too dewy either, just a really comfortable in-between. I have to say, this L’oreal True Match BB Cream doesn’t have the most long lasting formula even after I set it with powder. But I think for a daily use this BB cream is perfect, although you have to blot your face mid-day and reapply powder if you feel like you need it.
Will I repurchase? Probably not. I don’t really like to retouch my makeup during the day and I think I might try other BB creams. I’ve got my eyes on the LA Girl Pro HD BB Cream so I think I’d just buy that one next time.

GARNIER SAKURA WHITE SERUM

This is kind of a strange product because I've never heard anyone talk about it, or seen an ad for it, or seen it being sold anywhere else other than the Watson store at Kota Kasablanka. Weird, right?! Nevertheless, I really liked this product and have repurchased it once before. It has a nice scent and I actually noticed my face became brighter and smoother. But after I've used it for a while, it kind of got in to a sort of skin care plateau where it doesn't really do anything much to my skin. 

Will I repurchase? No. I've switched to another serum which I'm going to talk about in just a bit ;)

THE BATH BOX BREAKFAST PORRIDGE FACE MASK & RAPESEED SERUM

Okay so I’ve tried a lot of face masks and this one is seriously THE BOMB!!! I love love love it and I can actually tell that it works. My pores look clearer and it really makes my skin feels clean and moisturized. The serum is also seriously amazing! I’ve never tried any serum before but I really do feel the Rapeseed serum improves my skin texture. If you want to read a more about these products you can read my post here.
Will I repurchase? I will repurchase the Breakfast Porridge mask, but I think I’ll try the other serum from The Bath Box.

CLEAN&CLEAR DEEP ACTION DAILY PORE CLEANSER

My favorite face wash that I’ve found from the drugstore! It has a nice apple-y scent and also little scrubbing beads that are gentle enough on the skin but really get the job done. This cleanser doesn’t really lather that much so it doesn’t strip the moisture out of my skin. Afterwards, my skin always feels clean but not dried out, which is perfect!

Will I repurchase? Yes and I have, actually, lol.

CEMPAKA BALI COLLECTION COCONUT BODY SCRUB

The one thing I love the most about this body scrub is its coconut-y scent. It smells really natural which is nice. But I find the actual scrubbing beads too soft or small, so it doesn’t really get all of my dead skin off. It gives a nice moisturizing feeling when I use it, but right after I rinse it off and dry off my skin with a towel, nothing much was left. I don’t find my skin to be soft and smooth after using this body scrub, although I do find it really nice to use before shaving.
Will I repurchase? No, it’s really inexpensive and easy to find at most drugstores or supermarkets, but I think I’ll just try something else.

That’s it for today’s post! I hope you like this kind of post and find it helpful. Let me know what products you’ve finished lately, and how do you like them?

CONVERSATION