WHAT TO PACK IN YOUR BEACH VACATION MAKEUP BAG


After a few weeks off this blog and away on an adventurous vacation with my boyfriend, I'm finally back on the swing of things (get it? Get it?? Lol oh well)! I know it's only March and it's not a typical vacation season (but isn't it Spring Break now??? I don't know, let me know!) but my boyfriend and I couldn't wait any moment longer for our beach getaway! We went to Derawan and the surrounding islands in East Kalimantan last week. We spent hours on a tiny motor boat, island-hopping all day long looking for perfect snorkeling spots, swimming with stingless jellyfishes in Kakaban Lake and braving the open sea with friendly dolphins! I plan on writing a travel diary (tell me if you fancy one!) but for now I'm gonna share with you what makeup products I packed with me.
Wearing makeup on vacation was the kind of thing that just never crossed my mind. It's already hot and humid, and we were going to go swimming in the sea anyway, why would I want to pile up some makeup on my face on top of that? But then after the trip was over and I saw the pictures I always thought, "I wish I had filled in my eyebrows a little bit" or "Maybe if I had some lipstick on, I wouldn't look so washed out and tired". So this time I decided to put a little bit more thought on packing some essential products to achieve a light-weight, barely-there, vacation-appropriate makeup!
First of all I love to fill in my brows for a little it of definition with the L.A Girl Brow Kit. Next I went with Flormar's 7+ White Cream BB that just evens out your complexions without feeling sticky and heavy (important) and has UV protection (even more important). I set it with Fit Me Matte + Poreless from Maybelline, even though I knew that it wouldn't be long before my face started to get greasy again. I also love to put some cream highlighter on my face to emphasize the glow from the sun hitting my gloriously sweaty face on the tops of my cheekbones. My favorite one to use is from the L.A Girl Velvet Contour Stick in the shade Radiance. For blushes, I used a lip and cheek cream from Rollover Reaction in the shade Sally, just to give a bit of a fresh, healthy flush of color to my already sun-burnt face. Lastly I slapped on another shade of the lip and cheek cream from Rollover Reaction, this time in Saddie, on the lips so they don't look pale and sickly because that's just not what a person on vacation should ever look like. And that's it! Everything fitted nicely in a small makeup bag, along with a pair of eyelash curler to perk up my sad, straight lashes without a mascara.
What's your favorite makeup product to bring along on a vacation? Let me know!

CONVERSATION